We were delighted to host our fourth annual conference at Birkbeck, University of London, last month. 150 delegates representing 75 UK universities came together for a day of learning, lively discussions and sharing of best practice – all focused on enhancing and measuring student employability.
Watch our 90-second snapshot of the day:
Representatives from ten universities shared best practice examples showcasing how they have used Abintegro’s Career Centre to improve student employability. Talks were wide ranging and included the following:
- University of Surrey showcased the positive impact of implementing Abintegro’s mobile app on student engagement with the platform.
- University of Exeter shared how uitlising Abintegro’s Sprint Email Programme almost doubled the number of users and almost tripled the level of engagement with the platform.
- Lancaster University talked about how they have consolidated their online career resources, utilising Abintegro’s themes and content to support them in providing a 24/7 online career resource.
- Canterbury Christ Church University explained how Career Pulse – the Career Centre tool for measuring employability – has demonstrated a 16% learning gain which will be included in TEF and their University Framework.
Every year an awards ceremony is held to recognise the dedication and commitment shown by careers teams in fully utilising the Abintegro Career Centre to support student employability. This year’s winners – determined by Abintegro’s 2019 Employability Index, analysing 3 million employability activities from 325,000 students across 105 qualifying institutions – were as follow:
- Lancaster University: Overall Award for Developing Employability
- Nottingham Trent University: Student Engagement Award for Developing Employability
- University of the West of England: Student Activity Award for Developing Employability
- Canterbury Christ Church University: Career Centre Innovation Award for Developing Employability
- Philippa Elford at Plymouth Marjon University: Abintegro Expert of the Year Award
In addition to the best practice talks and awards ceremony, event attendees were the first to learn about a number of exciting Abintegro product developments aimed at enabling university clients to further enhance their student employability support.
Reflecting on this year’s conference, Tony Heard, Managing Director at Abintegro said:
“Our academic client conferences provide a unique opportunity to bring together a community of like-minded individuals committed to making a measurable difference to student employability. We were thrilled to be joined by more universities than ever before and I would like to express my thanks to the attendees and university presenters for their contributions and for supporting us in ensuring the academic element of our platform is driven by our clients – the university careers experts.”
For more detailed insight into our recent conference, download our Academic Conference Summary Brochure.